wholesaling is the art of flipping… a contract.
Unlike house flipping, where you buy a distressed property, renovate, and resell, wholesaling is all about flipping paper.
With real estate wholesaling you put a property under contract then you sell that contract or option to another investor for a fee.
Though it is simple in theory, it is not easy. There is a lot of art and science that goes into finding deals for a low enough price that not only you can make a profit, but another investor has room to profit as well.
That’s why we’ve put together this great list of wholesale real estate books that can help you grow (or get started) as a real estate wholesaler.
First… these are the best selling books on wholesaling real estate:
- Fleming, Todd M (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 163 Pages - 10/11/2017 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Turner, Brandon (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 210 Pages - 10/26/2014 (Publication Date) - BiggerPockets Publishing (Publisher)
- Mahoney, Brian (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 146 Pages - 06/30/2017 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
- The Book on Flipping Houses How to Buy Rehab and Resell Residential Properties
- Scott, Mr. J (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 03/22/2013 (Publication Date) - BiggerPockets Publishing, LLC (Publisher)
The Book on Negotiating Real Estate: Expert Strategies for Getting the Best Deals When Buying & Selling Investment Property
By J Scott, Mark Ferguson, & Carol Scott
From expert real estate investors and best-selling authors J Scott, Mark Ferguson and Carol Scott, this is one of the best books on wholesale real estate. It’s designed to help you get the most deals, and the best deals, on all investment property.
The authors have over 1,000 successful real estate deals between them, they combine the art and science of negotiation with their real-world experience.
This book dives into all aspects of the wholesale real estate negotiation process – from first interaction with the seller, to renegotiating the contract after due diligence, to last-minute concessions.
Aimed at real estate investors, wholesalers, and real estate agents at any level. It covers all aspects of negotiating real estate deals and also contains tons of true-life stories that show how strong negotiation can result in better deals. This book also has dialogue that will teach you what to say and how to say it, strengthening your ability to close profitable transactions.
Using expert strategies to create optimal agreements and dynamic end results, you will learn:
- The principles behind successful negotiation
- The psychology of building relationships to gain negotiating leverage
- How to uncover and use information to tip negotiating outcomes in your favor
- Strategies for defining optimal offers and counter-offers
- Tactics for in-the-trenches negotiating and overcoming objections
- Strategies for using concessions to get your deal to the finish line
- Tips for overcoming tactics employed by those on the other side
- How to overcome the challenges of making/receiving offers through agents
- Tactics to renegotiate issues that arise from contract contingencies
- Strategies to get the best of it when buying properties from banks and HUD
The Real Estate Wholesaling Bible: The Fastest, Easiest Way to Get Started in Real Estate Investing
By Than Merrill
Than Merrill is a well known real estate investor and has one of the top books on wholesaling real estate.
The Real Estate Wholesaling Bible teaches what you need to know to profit from real estate wholesaling without needing a lot of capital or previous experience. Than Merrill shows you a business model that is relatively simple, profitable, and perfect for today’s real estate market.
This model will work in good or bad markets, so you can feel assured to do alright when the market takes its next turn.
All you will need to get started is a computer, an Internet connection, this audiobook, some passion, and a lot of curiosity.
The Art Of Wholesaling Properties: How to Buy and Sell Real Estate without Cash or Credit
By Aram Shah & Alex Virelles
The two authors of this book are two of the largest real estate wholesalers. Together they have flipped over one thousand homes!
Aram Shah and Alex Virelles present a step-by-step guide that explains how others may replicate their proven methods in their own wholesaling ventures. It leaves nothing on the table and you will get all of their insights you need for cashing in on the fastest and most profitable ways to flip paper in the real estate market.
This book covers how to:
- Make offers that actually get accepted;
- Find hidden, motivated sellers;
- Use a real estate agent to find gold mines through the Mls;
- Build a strong list of cash buyers;
- Negotiate with sellers using proven and tested scripts;
- Assign or double close on properties;
- Master the A-B, B-C transaction;
- Deploy a team and put the business on autopilot; and
- Achieve financial freedom without using cash or credit!
My Life & 1,000 Houses – 200+ Ways to Find Bargain Properties
By Mitch Stephen
Mitch Stephen has been a creative real estate investor for over 20 years.
This book takes you through the authors 20 years of experience to look at what it took for him to find over 1,000 great deals. You’re going to start seeing great opportunities where you never saw them before. You’ll come to understand that there’s a never-ending stream of bargain properties, if you know where to look and how to find them. And, it doesn’t matter if the economy is great or bad, as Mitch went through multiple market cycles.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row]
Wholesale Real Estate Investing
By Darren McAfee
Learn wholesale real estate investing from a wholesale real estate investor.
This book goes a number of tested techniques that will help you find sellers that are truly motivated, find cash buyers, and flip more deals for more profit. Also:
- Get you into the game by supplying you with enough knowledge to take action.
- Give you the tools and resources needed to have tons of sellers calling/emailing you to
buy their property.
- Teach you how to find “GOOD” deals and flip them to investors willing to pay you well
for your time and effort.
Tim Bell’s Wholesale Flight Plan: A Step by Step Guide to Wholesale Real Estate Success in the 21st Century
By Timothy Bell
The key to being a successful real estate wholesaler in the 21st century is to adopt tactics that allow you to secure properties that other investors want, but can’t find.
As a Wholesaler, your customers are all of the fix-and-flip and buy-and-hold investors and that’s what this book is all about.
In this book on wholesaling real estate, you will learn:
- The basic concepts of wholesaling
- The best exit strategies to assure you get paid
- A 10 step process that virtually assures your success as a real estate Investor if you will simply follow it!
- How to find the best neighborhoods in your market to focus your real estate investment activities.
- 50 different ways to find properties in your market today!
Direct Mail Marketing for Real Estate Investors
By Aaron Rose
It’s just a fact that regardless if you are a wholesaler, flipper, or buy and hold investor, finding good deals is the most important part of your business. Direct Mail Marketing is one of the best ways to create really high-quality leads and find motivated sellers for Real Estate Investing and Wholesaling career.
Utilizing the power of Direct Mail Marketing will jumpstart your investing business and take you to the next level in your wholesaling business.
In this book, you will explore every type of Direct Mail Marketing. This includes Yellow Letters, Postcards, Zip Letters, Professional letters, and more.
You will get tips on effective copywriting of those letters which help to increase your open rate and conversions.
Later in the book, it also goes over how leads can be captured, filtered, and converted.
The Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Real Estate Wholesaling
By Kate Babkova
The author believes that there was a lot of garbage and nonsense being taught about wholesaling real estate, so this book was created as a step by step guide on how to do it.
These are proven systems that work in real life. This book goes through every step of the process you’ll need along with the details you need to make it work.
Some of the steps include:
- How to select the property
- The negotiations of the purchase
- The assignment/amendment
- What to say to the seller
- What to say to the buyer
- What to do once you’re in the house
- What documents you’ll need and in what order
- Where and what to advertise
- How many leads to expect
- How to overcome objections in advance
- How to handle difficult sellers
How to Flip It: The WHOLE Story on WHOLESALE Real Estate
By Staci L LaBarber
The author was tired of all the “gurus” charging thousands or tens of thousands to teach real estate wholesaling.
So, this book is going to help you overcome those ridiculous fees by giving you a foolproof system that allows you to get in and get paid with little money out of your pocket. If followed, it shows a way to quickly and continually get results.
Wholesaling 101: The Beginners Guide to ‘No Money Down’ Real Estate Investing Strategies
By Carol Sankar
This is a BASIC STEP-by-STEP BEGINNERS GUIDE to understanding how to make money with real estate in today’s market using strategies which require little risk with big rewards. This is a perfect Real Estate Wholesaling Book for complete newbies.
How To Become A Wholesale Millionaire
By Mark E Lane
How To Become A Wholesale Millionaire claims to be the most in depth, detailed, how-to book of it’s kind.
This book shows you how to build a fully automated, remote, and internet based wholesaling company in any market.
You will learn how to find all of the important people you need on your team, from real estate agents to attorneys, or title companies and your investor buyers.
It also provides a detailed steps on exactly how to do this as well as scripts of what to say to each person you talk to.
There are also templates and sample contracts that you can copy from so there is no confusion on how or what to do.
You will learn how to create your business so you have dozens or hundreds of offers being made without ever writing an offer, signing your name or even looking at a house.
Why Books on Wholesaling Real Estate?
You might be wondering why you should consider reading a book on wholesaling.
Of course, there is a ton of free information on the web.
The problem with ‘free’ is you might get what you pay for. There are thousands of wholesalers out there and everyone can put that information out there in forums with no accountability.
A book, on the other hand, takes a lot of time and effort to write. So, whoever is writing it probably is successful enough to be dedicated to writing an entire book on the topic.
Why not a course or coaching program for real estate wholesaling?
There are tons of e-Courses, seminars, coaching programs about real estate and wholesaling. These are great options for those of you who are truly dedicated!
But, starting with a great book on wholesaling will help you refine your knowledge and get you started. It’s best to start with a $20 or $30 book to see if you actually like doing something, before spending thousands to be coached on something you’ll never do.
Successful people read books.
It’s a fact. The most successful people read…. a lot!
- Warren Buffet reads 500 pages a day.
- Bill gates reads 50 books a year
- Mark Cuban reads 3 hours every day.
You get the point.
To be successful, we need to emulate those who are more successful than us. The easiest thing to do is to start reading books about real estate.