First Step to Investing in Real Estate
Don’t have any money to start investing?
Barely can pay for your apartment, never mind think about buying property?
I am 100% confident you can reach financial independence. It’s never to early to start reaching for that goal…
…and the most important thing you can do now is to start reading and learning.
I can say that one single book changed my entire perspective of money and income – “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki. Someone recommended it to me when I first started my journey toward financial independence, and now I’m recommending it to you.
My views and understanding have grown over time, but without the initial seed that this book planted, I’m not sure how far along I would be right now.
If you have read this book, then I’m sure I’m just being cliche, but if you haven’t, you need to buy it now and read it immediately.
Disclaimer: This page, and any page on this site, may contain links to products or services that I use. If you click on one of these links and signup or buy a product, I may receive a small referral fee from the vendor at absolutely no cost to you.
Finding and Analyzing Deals
Another great author for investment properties is Steve Berges. He has authored numerous books about real estate investing, and I’ve read most of them. I took an MBA class about investing in real estate, and one of his books was actually the course textbook…and I had already read it. He has more books than what I’m linking to here. These are the ones I’ve read and recommend:
Before you actually buy your first property, you should have a general idea of how to manage one. I got into my first multi and realized I had absolutely no clue about dealing with tenants, a maintenance schedule, leases, evictions etc… Though land-lording is very local and unique to every state and city, it’s important to understand the basics. This is one of the many books I liked when getting started.
Articles on This Site
I don’t know exactly where you are in with your personal situation or how far you’ve journeyed down the path of Passive Income toward your future of Financial Independence. So, I’ve broken some reading down into a few categories so you can figure out where exactly you need to start.
- Rich Mentality vs The Middle Class Way of Thinking
- Real Estate vs Stock Market Investing
- Pay for College or Invest The Money
- Working Hard Does Not Mean You Will Be Successful
- Guide to Finding Great Rental Property
- Guide to Analyzing Rental Property
- The Definitive Guide to Using the 2% Rule for Real Estate Investing
- What is The Gross Rent Multiplier?
- The 50% Rule to Rental Expenses
- How to Do a Comparative Market Analysis
- The Importance of Due Diligence
- Financially Prepare For Your First Investment Property
- Clear Your Debt and Get Your Finances in order
- Financing a Car is Probably a Bad Idea
- Compound Interest Can Lead to Massive Savings
- Simple Trick to Build Wealth
- Buy a Duplex Instead of Single Family Residence
Landlord & Tenants
- How to Be a Great Landlord and Keep Happy Tenants
- How to Avoid Bad Tenants
- Every Tenant Should be Required to Get Renter’s Insurance
- How to Deal With Tenants When You Can’t Stand Them